Monday, December 3, 2012

Once a Cougar, Always a Cougar.

As most of you know, I attended BYU and was on the cheer team there. There are not words to describe what an amazing experience that was. It was truely a once in a life time opportunity. I remember my coach telling us to enjoy this while we can. She was right. Looking back now, I miss it more than ever.

Practices for cheer were not optional. Everday I would wake up at 6:30, roll out of bed, grab my stuff for the day, and head to the gymnastics gym for 7am practice. I have to admit I don't miss making my body run, strech, jump, lift, and flip that early. I do miss everything else about it though.

I miss my team.
I miss being flexible.
I miss being able to do a flip whenever I want without the fear of landing on my face.
I miss cheering at BYU sporting events.
I miss big bows.
I miss talking with 30 girls everyday about their lives.
I miss the pump up music.
I miss wearing sweats everyday, and i really do mean EVERYDAY.
I miss trying to put on fake eyelashes everygame.
I miss performing with my team.
 I miss running hills.
I miss long plane rides with my girls.
I miss winning national titles with my team.
I miss Cosmo.
I miss it all.

GO COUGS!


Just in case you missed it this past year. Here's our performance. National Champs 2012 :)

So here's to my years as a BYU Cheerleader. I miss everything about it. I am officially a "has been" but I don't even care. It was unreal and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment