Thursday, May 23, 2013

#PrayForOklahoma

On this Words of Wisdom Wednesday (Thursday) I decided to write a little post about the tragic tornadoes in Oklahoma. Thankfully, I live in a place where the worst mother nature gives us is just really cold weather. Honestly, I shouldn't even complain about that. There are places in the US with MUCH colder weather than Utah.

These tornadoes in Okalahoma were unbelievable. For some reason I am facinated though. I should probably attribute that facination to our new favorite show Stormchasers. Long story short- they chase tornadoes. All to research and find out more about them. They hope to eventually learn enough about them to be able to warn people and save lives. I can't imagine being caught in a twister when it is clocking 150-200 mph.... Those things pick up trees, cars, and buildings with ease.

To see the pictures and footage of those people is very humbling. The death count so far is 24. Such a heartbreaking disaster.

There are so many things that happen in this world that we can't explain. Terrible things happen to good people everday. Sometimes I get angry when I think of these things, but then remember that I don't get to see the whole picture. Then I am grateful. I am grateful for the trials that I do have. We just have to move forward in faith. I don't know if I would have the faith to go through a tornado and lose everything I own. Those people are strong.

As I was reading my scriptures yesterday I came across this verse:

 Mosiah 4: 9- Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
What an amazing plan we are all apart of.

No comments:

Post a Comment