Saturday, November 12, 2016

Happy Birthday, Ma

I have the greatest mom. I know everyone says that but seriously... she is the BEST. I deeply feel for people who have lost their mothers, or didn't grow up with one as dedicated as mine. The older I get the more and more I appreciate her, but this year is different. This year I am a mother myself. 


The second Vienna needs something, I drop whatever it was that I was doing and put her needs before my own - cleaning, food, sleep, you name it. I don't think I fully understood how much my life was going to change before V got here. People try to tell you but it just doesn't click until they get here. My whole world revolves around her now. My schedule changes everyday to meet her needs. As it should. I often wonder if I am measuring up to this great responsibility that has been placed on my shoulders. Sometimes I cringe a little when I think how the Lord trusts us, as imperfect beings, to care for these helpless precious babies... but then I think of my mother.


My mom did this four different times with my family. At one point she had four kids, ages six and under. Now that I'm a grown adult, it's becoming more clear what my mom sacrificed for us. I appreciate, now more than ever, everything she has done for me. I don't know how much I've actually expressed it though. I figure there is no better day than today.


So, thank you Mom.

Thank you for life, literally (I know how much of a doozy that one is... haha.) Thank you for putting up with me as a toddler. Thank you for choosing to make me a priority. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for teaching me the value of work and education. Thank you for raising me to respect others. Thank you for teaching me about the love of my Savior. Thank you for making countless meals for me. Thank you for making me clean my room. Thank you for encouraging me in sports and activities. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for disciplining me. Thank you for making our house a home. Thank you for doing your part in providing for our family, and marrying a man who did the same. Thank you for teaching me how to be strong. Thank you for being selfless. Thank you for being an example of a good citizen. Thank you for helping me figure out how to raise a daughter. Thank you for being my mother. 



Today is a celebration of you and you deserve it. I am beyond grateful to have you as my Mom. I don't tell you that enough. I love you.


Happy Birthday :)

(I made the font extra big for you... hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment