Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Struggles & Goodness

I use this space kind of as a journal, but because it's also broadcasted to world I don't always openly share my struggles. I should though. Struggle is a natural, even necessary part of life. 

Recently, Austin has been working late. I haven't been exercising or eating as well. V hasn't been sleeping as well. I haven't been getting out of the house as much. I haven't done a great job of studying my scriptures. (Wow, I sound like a hot mess....) To top it off, we had Vienna's 4 month appointment yesterday. She got her shots, which are always a traumatic experience. And she's now dropped to the 5th percentile for weight. *Cue crying face.* I swear we are feeding her!! She's just such a tiny thing. I guess all of these things combined has made me a little more on edge and grouchy. And I hate being grouchy! It's no fun for me or anyone around me. 


Soooo, what can I do to fix this? 

First off, Vienna is taking a nap going on 2.5 hours.... THANK YOU, CHILD!!!! That's helping. But really, I often am reminded that we can't always change what's happening around us, but we can choose how we want to respond. I can choose to be happy and positive! I can choose to focus on all of the blessings and good things in my life - which are abundant. So that's what I want to do right now!

I love my little family.

I am so thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for us so I can stay home with our baby girl.

I love this time of year! 

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, who brings light and hope everyday despite any trouble. #LightTheWorld

I can't wait for my family to arrive on Friday, and to spend a whole week with them!

I enjoy my calling as a primary teacher in our church. Teaching the kids every week is truly a blessing.

I'm loving the baked goods these days.

Even though it's freezing temperatures outside, I love cozying up inside with my husband and an episode of our favorite show.

Thankful for great friends who make us laugh!

Aw, so much good to focus on. Its amazing how focusing on the good in a short post like this can turn your whole attitude around!! I can honestly say I feel better already. Let's hope I can carry this through when V wakes up and the struggles start again ;) 

Focus on the good, people! It's what Jesus did, and he is the ultimate example. He is the ultimate example of light, love, hope, and happiness. I'm not sure if this random, babbling post will even make a difference to anyone, but it did for me. Yay journaling!

Merry Christmas, everyone! 


#reallife

No comments:

Post a Comment